FEELING AT HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEELING AT HOME

Chit chat , hobbies, making friends is what were about

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  Log inLog in  

Compensation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Number of posts : 2439
Humor : sorting sheep
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Compensation Empty
PostSubject: Compensation   Compensation Icon_minipostedThu Jan 17, 2008 7:09 am

Actress Leslie Ash has won £5million in compensation after she contracted the superbug MRSA in an NHS hospital.

The Men Behaving Badly star was left seriously injured after catching the bug at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital in central London.

Ash, 47, who now walks with a stick, was admitted to hospital after suffering two cracked ribs after falling off her bed on to a table during a love-making session with her husband, retired footballer Lee Chapman.

Full story ..
http://entertainment.aol.co.uk/actress-ash-in-5m-superbug-payout/article/20080116000709990001

Do you think Leslie Ash is right to be awarded such a high costs, or is it enough?

Why is it so hard for Joe public to win compensation?

http://www.pharmatimes.com/WorldNews/article.aspx?id=12630&src=WorldNewsRSS%20-%2062k%20-

Any thoughts
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

Number of posts : 3088
Humor : wacky
Registration date : 2007-08-17

Compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compensation   Compensation Icon_minipostedThu Jan 17, 2008 11:00 am

Well joe public isnt a so called famous star , and as for winning that amount it stinks Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I know a few people who have caught that bug and have been very poorly with it whilst in hospital but do they see any compersation NO they dont .

tatum tatum yzx makes me aarrhh aarrhh dfgj dfgj

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chill-out.forumotion.com
mac
The spooky ones playmate
mac

Number of posts : 374
Humor : warped
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compensation   Compensation Icon_minipostedThu Jan 17, 2008 1:24 pm

Its pants, £5 million quid, its an absolute travesty. Fair play she was extremely poorly etc etc but so were/will a lot of other people, they wont see a fiver never mind something life changing like that Twisted Evil

NICKY wrote:

I know a few people who have caught that bug and have breen very poorly with it whilst in hospital but do they see any compersation NO they dont

Last September one of my Team Leaders at work got appendictus (sp?) he went into hospital for the run of the mill op and ended up being in there for 6 weeks, 2 of them in intensive care. He caught 2 diff bugs, had 4 operations and almost died. Had 2 months off work...........wonder if he'll get anything No
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Number of posts : 2439
Humor : sorting sheep
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compensation   Compensation Icon_minipostedFri Jan 18, 2008 7:16 am

Thought there was some sort of ladder system where the more you lose the use of your body the more compensation you will have?
Ash, 47, who now walks with a stick .... its not like she needs 24/7 care?

How much compensation will a soldier get if he needed to use a walking stick for the rest of his life?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compensation   Compensation Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Compensation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FEELING AT HOME :: Discussions/Debates-
Jump to: