FEELING AT HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEELING AT HOME

Chit chat , hobbies, making friends is what were about

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  Log inLog in  

downloading music

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Number of posts : 2439
Humor : sorting sheep
Registration date : 2007-12-06

downloading music Empty
PostSubject: downloading music   downloading music Icon_minipostedTue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 am

What do you think about downloading music for free..
Is the music industry losing to much money by it..
Do you think artists are suffering or maybe getting more exposure from it being free?

any thoughts
Back to top Go down

downloading music Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading music   downloading music Icon_minipostedTue Feb 19, 2008 2:01 pm

TBH i dont care if there suffereing!!

I use limewire!!
Back to top Go down
mac
The spooky ones playmate
mac

Number of posts : 374
Humor : warped
Registration date : 2007-12-14

downloading music Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading music   downloading music Icon_minipostedTue Feb 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Ghost wrote:
What do you think about downloading music for free..
Is the music industry losing to much money by it..
Do you think artists are suffering or maybe getting more exposure from it being free?

any thoughts

It's been going on for years hasnt it, remember we used to tape radio 1 or a mate would buy an album and then tape it and pass it around.

As for the artists suffering, depends on which end of the spectrum they are I suppose. Someone like Bono / U2 stuff them, he loves to preach at us how live our lives and what to do with our money (Usually give it to Africa) well hes a multi millionaire, lets see him donate one of his houses etc etc (I realise he does do a lot for charity already)
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

downloading music Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading music   downloading music Icon_minipostedTue Feb 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Why don’t you care Jay, the one’s that will suffer if any will be the up and coming, not the bands that have made it?

Maybe if you was a manager of bands, with the money you lose from downloads you may have been able to start and help the career of a few more bands?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

downloading music Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading music   downloading music Icon_minipostedTue Feb 19, 2008 2:41 pm

Tbh, I think music sharing is a good thing, if I like an album / song that much I will go out and buy it.
Quote :
It's been going on for years hasnt it, remember we used to tape radio 1 or a mate would buy an album and then tape it and pass it around.

You right Mac, but now with the internet iv got a bigger chance of finding something new that i not have found without file sharing.

So as far as im concerned who’s to say they not selling more albums from file sharing?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

downloading music Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading music   downloading music Icon_minipostedTue Feb 19, 2008 2:46 pm

What you think about this 3 strikes and you're offline…

If your internet provider knows you’re downloading music, its sends you a warning..
Then if you keep doing it will ban you for a week or so, then cut you off if you keep downloading.

Will it work?
Back to top Go down

downloading music Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading music   downloading music Icon_minipostedTue Feb 19, 2008 2:48 pm

i guess im just selfish in that way ghost.

but if i was a band manager then yes id want to sell as many as possible to pay for my bently lol

Last edited by NICKY on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

downloading music
Page 1 of 1