FEELING AT HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEELING AT HOME

Chit chat , hobbies, making friends is what were about

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  Log inLog in  

Tips, Question and Answers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Louby
Night owl
Louby

Number of posts : 1006
Humor : Nutty
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Tips, Question and Answers Empty
PostSubject: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedTue Jan 15, 2008 5:04 am

Any questions ? have any tips?......

Best tip I can give, and its a pretty obvious one but people tend to forget is...
When you have finished a photo session, clean lens, empty card and charge battery so its ready for when you grab it next.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Number of posts : 2439
Humor : sorting sheep
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedTue Jan 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Don’t be static, What ever your subject moving a to your left or right a few feet my make all the difference. Wink
Back to top Go down
Louby
Night owl
Louby

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedTue Jan 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Good tip Ghost!
may I add to that, different angles, don't always shoot from standing, also with animals and children get down to their level or below.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedTue Jan 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Huge capacity memory cards are great for some, but personally I prefer to use 4/5 1gb cards and spread my photos out across all of them, that way should you use or damage a card all your photos are not lost.

Secondly, experiment, experiment, experiment! Dont be afraid to rattle off hundreds of pics and have a play around with aperture, depth of fields, shutter speeds etc, you will be surprised what effects you can create!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedSat Jan 19, 2008 9:31 am

Question

Lou, I see you have taken some stunning photos of the fish in your tank..
Do you / anyone have any tips on taken photos when the subjects the other side of glass?
Tips, Question and Answers DSC_478408450001
Back to top Go down
Louby
Night owl
Louby

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedSat Jan 19, 2008 9:57 am

Well I photographed them in the evening, so no natural light to cause reflections.
If you are using flash, I found if you photograph at an angle, whether it be from the side or below, doesn't work so well from above.
Obviously the other way is to use tripod and no flash, but of course that is no good if you are snapping something that moves and you have low light!

Hope this helps Ghost Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedSat Jan 19, 2008 10:27 am

Get the lens as close to the glass as you can minimises any 'bouncing' off the glass, set a low shutter speed to allow as much light in as possible without using a flash, if you really want to go the whole hog you can illuminate the tank via underwater lighting.............
Back to top Go down
mrsp

mrsp

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedSat Jan 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Don't forget the light .....

Most good
photographs are shot either early in the morning, or late in the
evening. There is a simple reason for this .. The sun is low and you
get shadows ... and different colours !!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 am

This one came out grainy ..why?
Cos my camera not powerful enough ?

Tips, Question and Answers Night2

any tips on moon photos?
thanks
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_minipostedTue Feb 19, 2008 2:02 pm

any tips on moon photos?

buoi

Do you think you will get some good photos with any camera and lens?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips, Question and Answers   Tips, Question and Answers Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tips, Question and Answers
Page 1 of 1