FEELING AT HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEELING AT HOME

Chit chat , hobbies, making friends is what were about

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  Log inLog in  

today i went fishing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bluezulu

bluezulu

Number of posts : 376
Humor : black
Registration date : 2007-12-01

today i went fishing Empty
PostSubject: today i went fishing   today i went fishing Icon_minipostedSun Feb 10, 2008 1:07 pm

well at last i got a chance to get back out on the river bank.loaded up the car and headed for the village of harleston which is about 4 miles north of tamworth staffs.
i had decided on a return visit to the b.a.a. stretch of the river mease. on arriving the fields were covered in frost, this did not bother as my last visit here it was even colder and i caught a good bag of roach. my plan was to fish the same peg i fished last time. the water was coloured and still finning out after all the rain earlier in the week. i set up a stick float rig fishing maggots on the hook.first trot through i became snagged and lost a hook. second run through i lost another hook and ended up attached to a tree branch after breaking loose, great start to the day :x this kept happening for about half an hour and still no fish! things not going to plan and time to move. found a smashing peg just up stream but could not fish the stick because of all the branches in the water, out came the ledger rod. i set up a 3 swan shot link ledger with size 18 hook and again maggot as bait. first cast bang at last a bite.first fish a lovely roach then another and another Laughing this went on for about an hour roach after roach after roach until i hit something a lot bigger. this time it was a chub of about 2lb. changed to a bigger hook animal size 10 and baited the hook with first meat then cheese then bread flake, nothing! went back to fishing maggots and again nothing, strange. i then saw why the roach fishing had died. i could just make out a long body lying under a tree branch on the far bank as it started cruise towards me, yep it was a huge pike affraid well if thats sitting out there no wonder the roach have buggered off Rolling Eyes anyway moved again but only manage a couple more roach before it was time to head for home. weather was lovely and sunny after a cold start and i caught so a good time was had by mr zulu Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chopper

chopper

Number of posts : 230
Humor : weird
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: today i went fishing   today i went fishing Icon_minipostedSun Feb 10, 2008 1:20 pm

sound`s like a good day blue, well in mate king
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

Number of posts : 3088
Humor : wacky
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: today i went fishing   today i went fishing Icon_minipostedSun Feb 10, 2008 1:27 pm

nice write up there blue x

sounds like a good day well done x thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://chill-out.forumotion.com
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 552
Humor : crazy
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: today i went fishing   today i went fishing Icon_minipostedMon Feb 11, 2008 5:02 am

well blue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: today i went fishing   today i went fishing Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

today i went fishing
Page 1 of 1