FEELING AT HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEELING AT HOME

Chit chat , hobbies, making friends is what were about

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  Log inLog in  

Fuel Price Protests

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Number of posts : 2439
Humor : sorting sheep
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Fuel Price Protests Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_minipostedSat Dec 15, 2007 5:02 pm

There was some fuel price protests yesterday, but protests failed to garner much support with only a handful of demonstrators braving the cold to show their concern.

I know we all want things to be cheaper but what do you think about the price of fuel?
Is it to expensive, is it just right, or like to see it go higher?

Will you support blockades like in 2002 ?
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

Number of posts : 3088
Humor : wacky
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_minipostedSun Dec 16, 2007 12:48 pm

i think the price of fuel isnt bad but the taxes on it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://chill-out.forumotion.com
mac
The spooky ones playmate
mac

Number of posts : 374
Humor : warped
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_minipostedSun Dec 16, 2007 1:18 pm

NICKY wrote:
i think the price of fuel isnt bad but the taxes on it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It's 102p at my local garage and there's a garage about 8 mile away and it's 113p yzx

To your question Ghost will I support blockades..........in mind yes in body no. This may sound defeatest but what good will they do? The big petrol companies are raking in millions everyday, the only way we (as in people like us) is to not use the big boys but that means 1000's of us boycotting them.....for a couple of weeks at least. Will it happen? Look at your Esso, Shell etc gargae next time you pass.........bet its busy Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_minipostedSun Dec 16, 2007 1:51 pm

Quote :
in mind yes in body no. This may sound defeatist

Mac iv known you for years, and you not changed a bit..

You don’t like something, but you don’t want to do anything about it!! smackbum
Back to top Go down
mac
The spooky ones playmate
mac

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_minipostedSun Dec 16, 2007 1:58 pm

It's called being a realist mate.

I don't like the immigration problem
I don't like our boys being in Iraq/Afghanistan
I don't like the nanny PC world we live in

so what can I do about it?

Nothing!!...................we have Governments who decide these things and I know they get elected democratically but the ways things are going.............madness mate, pure madness.

What did the blockades in 2002 achieve?

Cheaper prices? Nope
It made people go out and panic buy and then gargaes really did run out of petrol.
The only thing it acieved was to highlight a serious matter what the government should tackle
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_minipostedSun Dec 16, 2007 2:36 pm

I think we all need to just boycott one big name, then we still have fuel, but your making a point
Back to top Go down
mac
The spooky ones playmate
mac

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_minipostedSun Dec 16, 2007 2:44 pm

Ghost wrote:
I think we all need to just boycott one big name, then we still have fuel,

What would that do Ghost? Nothing at at all, whichever big name we boycotted the other would gain. Bit like not shopping at Tescos because they use too much packaging so go to Sainsburys.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_minipostedSun Dec 16, 2007 2:58 pm

Mac, if WE stopped going to Tescos for that reason 100% boycott… the other shops will listen!!

In this crazy world it’s sadly the other way around, the big shops tell the farmers, we will pay you 2p for a pint of milk, or we will go else where!
This is why the farmers are on they’re knees!!

I do think we can change things, and get this country back on its feet, (that’s about all the things you list above) its just a matter of us all getting up and doing something about it, not expecting someone else to do it for us.
And saying there’s nothing we can do about it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Price Protests   Fuel Price Protests Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Fuel Price Protests
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FEELING AT HOME :: chit chat-
Jump to: