FEELING AT HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEELING AT HOME

Chit chat , hobbies, making friends is what were about

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  Log inLog in  

Mac goes Champagne carping

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mac
The spooky ones playmate
mac

Number of posts : 374
Humor : warped
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Mac goes Champagne carping Empty
PostSubject: Mac goes Champagne carping   Mac goes Champagne carping Icon_minipostedSat May 30, 2009 5:49 am

Last Friday (22nd) saw the eagerly awaited date of the intrepid duo (Me and Chad) off on our annual French trip. This year was a new venue for us and place called Champagne carp tours http://www.champagnecarptours.com/index.html run by Nina and Phil Churn.We leave home at 11pm Friday night and at 12noon are outside the gates of the lake Very Happy The bailiff Matt then appears and his 1st words to us are "The lakes been sold, it's not a runs water and it's full of Poisson Chat" Not really the welcome I was expecting Rolling Eyes I then asked him to unlock the gate and let us in as I needed the toilet, he was a little reluctant at this due to us not being allowed on site until 1pm (We didn't know this) but he eventually let us in, I went to the loo and the "lodge" was in a disgusting state, mould all over the place pots unwashed etc etc We then walked to the lake we was on Notre Damme, about a 3rd of it was accessible by car, about 2/3rd there was a path about a foot wide with waist high grass/thistles etc. Evil or Very Mad Whilst walking round Matt told us not to bother with boilies (We'd got about 40k of them) as the Chat would soon be on them. He explained he hadn't had time to keep the paths clear He advised on 2 swims but there was some gear in one them which turned out to be his!! I asked him where the rowing boat we had been promised was and was told it had a huge hole in, I then asked if we could borrow one off the other lake and was told there was only 1 boat. (We were told there was a boat on each lake) Anyway, we humped a van full of gear round to our swims and after much sweat and toil had house set up and rods out, but to say we was a little disappointed was an understatement. No fish during the night and Sunday morning I meet the lakes new owner, a guy called Andy Stevens who runs Carpe D'Or lakes which include lakes such as Lac Desire and Lac Lesmonts. After explaining our predicament to him and that we wasn't too happy with events he apologised (It wasn't his fault) but then offered us some alternatives, move onto the bigger lake or move onto another of his lakes (Las Frerie) where we would be guareteed plenty of runs. After talking to 4 anglers on the bigger lake and that they were too very disappointed about the place and they were getting pestered by Chat we decided on Lac Frerie.

So Monday lunchtime see us pulling into Lac Frerie car park. Andy walks us round the lake. There's 2 double swims on the lake both quite close to each other so I go in one and Chad the other and we are soon set up. We then go into the local town for some supplies and a beer Feeling like the batteries have been recharged I say to Chad that the holiday starts here Plenty of fish showing and Chad is soon into one, not quite what he expected asit was a scraper double but at least he was off the mark. I manage a couple of fish, both low teens. Saturday/Sunday were absolutley roasting over there and most of Monday. Monday we have the mother of all storms, starting off with lightening like I'd never seen before It was almost permanent lightening, the we get hit by hail stones (I'm sure they were the size of footballs Razz ) then about 20 minutes of heavy rain and then it was fine again Shocked I get advised to "pile the bait in" so make a bucket of spod mix

It looked that nice I could've eaten it lol!

4 diff type of pellet
whole tigers
crushed tigers
whole/chopped boilie
Maize
Some of Chads "carp crunch"
2 cup a soups
tin of tuna (in brine)
fish oil

Mac goes Champagne carping IMG_0216

Tuesday sees my 1st fish over 20lb in the shape of this coming in at 23lb 2oz
Mac goes Champagne carping IMG_0217

Wednesday sees my best day for number sof fish with the majority of them between 14 - 16lb. Whilst they aren't quite what we went over there for at the same time we was greatful to Andy and Carpe D'Or for helping us out Mac goes Champagne carping Afro
In the afternoon I get a take off my spodded area and it's obvious it's something a little better than the average

29lb 2oz
Mac goes Champagne carping IMG_0224

Wednesday night sees my biggest fish of the week make an appearance on the bank, weighing in at 34lb 10oz a more tha welcome visitor

Mac goes Champagne carping IMG_0222

Thursday sees more fish of mid teens with the odd bigger fish and then I get this, at "only" 24lb 6oz it had the frame to be a BIG fish and you could've got your fist in it's mouth Shocked

Mac goes Champagne carping IMG_0227

We decided to come home a day early and leave Friday morning.

My final tally was

14.14 mirror
13.04 mirror
14.14 mirror
16.02 common
23,02 mirror
15.02 mirror
14.00 mirror
7.00 cat
34.10 mirror
14.06 mirror
12.08 mirror
11.02 mirror
29.02 common
19.04 mirror
19.06 mirror
24.06 mirror
16.00 mirror

plus 2 lost fish

So number of fish caught is ok but for France the average size was a little low. Andy really did us a huge favour and if you are looking for avenue with a caravan for family then Lac Frerie is the place for you thumbs up

I have sent a mail of complaint to Champagne Carp toursd but to be honest don't expect too much of a reply Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Mac goes Champagne carping
Page 1 of 1