FEELING AT HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEELING AT HOME

Chit chat , hobbies, making friends is what were about

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  Log inLog in  

nickys carping adventures

Go down 
+6
Mark
chopper
dave the blanker box
*Dave*
Ghost
NICKY
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

Number of posts : 3088
Humor : wacky
Registration date : 2007-08-17

nickys carping adventures Empty
PostSubject: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 2:57 am

Due to go fishing today didnt think we would the weather has been really bad and my chances were slim. With my son wanting to go aswell i had to put his needs before mine as he is my main concern , so the deal was if the weather eased we would go if not then its a no , no.
The weather must of heard my boys pleas and stopped .Now we just had to wait for bk to get back as he went night fishing the night before .
Bk arrived home and my gear was ready to be loaded , while he sorted himself out i was taking his tackle out the car going as fast as i could. We had to drop the girls off at my sisters before going so it was a case of rush , rush , rush
Arrived at the water and its busy there it has a match on , just our luck .
So off we drive to another water not to far from that one luckily.
Arrived there and theres no-one shock
we looked for a notice saying it was closed but nothing .
After having to choose what swim we wanted hhmm thats a tough one all this space . The desion was made to pick the most sheltered spot, as my boy was with us we wanted him to be comfortable.
BK set up the stealth while i set up my alarms and rods. PVA bags tied my boy and i are ready to fish .We both had sweetcorn on one rod and tiger and maple boilie on the other . Time for a coffee . While sitting there and thinking about the weather and if we would catch my boys rod goes of the tiger and maple whey hey .
After much playing and fighting from the fish its in the net to the bank we go , weighing it the scales go to 4lb 8oz well done my son.
Fish put back and rod back out , a while passes and nothing , Then my boys rod is off again , knowing that i hadnt had one my boy said i could have it , bless him (hugs) So i play it i knew it wasnt big from the way it fought but they all count woo hoo .
Didnt weigh it as i knew it was around the 4lb mark put the fish back and rod back out.
My boy and i started playing a game making shapes out of the clouds
we saw what looked like a sofa so i said i would catapult him up on it we both starting laughing it was fun , many faces and shapes later and were bored, its now gone quiet on the fish side of things, and bk is now pacing the bank with his thinking cap on
putting together a stragery which will hopefully see a few more carp on the bank.
Time for my boy and i to have a coffee , Bk starts talking and saying that luke a friend of ours recon fruity flavours work well out there ,,,, ooo now im thinking i know i have tangerine dream pop ups in my bag so i get them out aswell as my white chocolate ones
Now that has given bk a idea , He cuts the pop ups in half and the tiger and maple boilie in half and fused them togther on the hair, to create a balanced bait. This was still a little to boiant so bk was in my tackle box stripping the lead out of my lead core leader .
Enough was wound onto the trace so the bait slowly driffted to the bottom.
We saw fish boshing out on the far bank so thats were that rod was going.
The other rod had a snowman rig using a tiger and maple boilie and a tangerine dream pop up on it.This was also put to the far margine were we saw fish moving to .
Sitting and talking with my boy and his rod is off again
whattttttt , bk was there so he hit it my boy didnt want it so i was going to have it but as kids do they change there mind . He played it lovely, gave him a bit of a fight but he hung on ,
in the net and on the bank wow what a beauty .
Weighing it and i saw bk`s face i knew it was bigger then my pb not hard really since its only 8lb 2oz but hey im proud
The scales go round woo hoo 11lb 6 oz A very well done son
Got my camera ready and its picture time my boy was freezing bless him and wanted a quick pic so picture took and the fish goes back . well done son xx

nickys carping adventures 43630045

It was a stunning fish the picture just doesnt do it justice .
My boy cryed just after the picture was taken he was so cold im proud of him .
Times ticking away now and still nothing on my rods.
My boys rod goes again and he just was to cold so i played it fisty thing
i knew it was another small fish but still pleased with it .
That one was about 3lb s but still a fish.
Days coming to a end and its time to start thinking about packing up and by sure my rod goes
yeahhhhhhhhh , I grab my rod and the fish gives me a really good fight
after much playing its in the net
bk weighs it while i move the net
he said before he weighs it that this has beat my pb but in all honesty i dont think it has .

special updater
Weighing it and its 9LB 2OZ beat my pb by 1lb wooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo
im so thrilled like you wouldnt believe .
Now i know its not massive to most of you and to be frank i dont care im happy and well pleased .
Time to call it a day now, bk starts packing up my boys rods and one of mine while im hoping the other will go , packing up and nothing , but i dont mind . I saw this lovely robin though he desided to say hello.

At this point im freezing and wet and thrilled so a great day all round .

ME WITH MY PB MY NEW PB WOO HOOO

nickys carping adventures 100_0102 not a great pic i was colddd tatum

took some more pics here they are .
my mate robin
nickys carping adventures 43630047

nickys carping adventures 43630042

nickys carping adventures 43630035-1

nickys carping adventures 43630033
Back to top Go down
https://chill-out.forumotion.com
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Number of posts : 2439
Humor : sorting sheep
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 8:43 am

Good write up of a cold days fishing, I hate the cold and sympathies with your son.
Well done to you on your new PB, and I know your son’s a cracking little angler, well done mate! woo
Back to top Go down
*Dave*

*Dave*

Number of posts : 1186
Humor : funky
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 2:08 pm

I'll second what Ghost said , You done good girl cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.matchpool.co.uk/
dave the blanker box

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 11:14 pm

yeah well done nicky
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 11:56 pm

thanks guys it means alot hugggs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedWed Dec 12, 2007 11:44 am

Now if that doesnt make you wanna go have a kid and take him fishing then I dont know what will, thats awesome, made me smile santa
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Dec 17, 2007 2:35 pm

thanks guys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

went fishing yesterday was due to take my boy with me but he got so cold last weekend that he didnt want to come .
After dropping the kids off at my sisters off to the lake we go .
Luke a mate of ours came with us.
We arrived at the lake and woo hoo no one there , so we all choose a swim each, After having a good look i desided to go a peg down from bk for two reasons really , one so he has more water to fish and two i would be fishing closer to the far end anyway.
With rods set up its time for a cuppa and make some pva bags up .
Whilst im sat drinking my coffee im thinking about christmas and what time bk has off over the christmas peroid , Maybe get a couple more sessions in .
With my next thought luke `s rod goes and hes into a fish bk and i go to him and see it looks a good one , In the net on the bank to be weighed 11lb 2oz nice "i wouldnt mind one of them lol".
bk took a couple pics and the fish is put back , not long after and my rods off woo hoo , After much playing and fighting its in the net my hands are so cold i couldnt feel my little finger , On the bank and its a lovely fish but they all are to me , weighing it and its 7lb 4oz cool im pleased with that a couple pics later and the fish is put back safely .
Rod rebaited and its back out there , oh its so cold my feet are like ice need a coffee , drinking my coffee and im looking around the water for any signs of fish , nothing showing .
Im now doing a list of who ive got left to get for christmas and my rods off ,
wow feels a good one luke and bk come down and watch me play the fish , the faces they pull makes me laugh ,
This fish played me good and proper , just getting its head up out the water and the guys faces well they thought i had beat my pb and getting it in the net to be weighed i didnt think i had .
Be sure the scales went to 9lb 6oz yeah beat my pb by 4oz lol im happy woo hoo two fish and a new pb cant be bad for a cold days fishing .
A pic is taken and its back to the water for this one .
Im happy and bks happy for me to but still had nothing .not even a bleep.
times ticking now and theres one single beep on bk`s alarm whey hey its looking like theres hope yet.
But nothing . I keep getting bleeps on my alarms and bk goes off for a walk around the water looking for any signs around where hes fishing.
He gets half way around the water and i got a clear one toner i jump and hit it oooo my arm lol my feet , this fish feels good i say to luke as bk`s coming back lukes watching my rod benddddd good and proper this fish is giving me a right fight , bk arrives and im still playing this fish its giving me a right good playing .
After much playing its in the net to the scales we go and............

9lb 12oz they read im now really pleased with my catch of the day a stunning fish and i couldnt be more happyier.
A couple pics are taken with me and my beauty and its back to the water for the very fighty fish.
My rods rebaited and back out 3 to me so far and 1 to luke nothing yet for bk .
Time starts ticking away and lukes rod goes off we go and see , he gets one. Fish put back and within ten mins hes into another 10lb 2oz a couple pics took and the fish is put back .
Now bk has still not had anything and im hoping he will but with the light fading fast its looking dim, while were thinking about packing up im still getting the odd bleep on my alarms maybe a chance of another before we go , but its not my rod that goes but lukes again , see him playing it we know its a good fish weighing it 13lb 2oz fair play lovely fish .
Its now time to call it a day i start walking towards my rods and one goes off i hit it and yeahhhhh im into one but i lose it oh well ive had a good day so i dont mind .
With 4 fish to luke and 3 to me im happy but gutted that bk didnt get any , but as bk says thats the way it goes sometimes.
I beat my pb twice in one day only by ounces but i had a truley great day apart from bk not catching and my feet were coldddddddddd lol.

7lb 4oz

nickys carping adventures 100_0131

9lb 6oz first new pb

nickys carping adventures 100_0133

my new pb 9lb 12oz

nickys carping adventures 100_0135
Back to top Go down
dave the blanker box

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 12:32 am

welldone nicky your on a role thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 1:06 pm

great write up and cracking photos Nicky
clapping clapping
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 1:30 pm

thanks guys hugggs
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedWed Jan 23, 2008 3:59 pm

i went fishing sunday didnt have anything but boy was it good to be there ,, got to practice at casting abit more ,,,oh yeah and get told of for not listening Razz Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but hey ho roll on next time cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Feb 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Went fishing yesterday was so looking forward to it .
Kids ready and there dropped at my sisters ,,.We set off to the water on arriving at the water its busy not looking good time is of the essence , after bk goes and talks to one of the guys fishing it appears that theres people on the top lake to so we set off for another water .
Looking at the time were trying to decide where we will be fishing , place thought of and were off.
Arrived at our next location only to be greeted by aloud of cars in the car park
No I'm shouting in my head ,,
quick walk to see if there is any places free and nope none cry icon.
times passing and we still haven't got no where to fish
We set off to another water on the way we are stuck behind a couple people riding , we hold back as you do .
But the horse starts going mad as there is a canal next to where we were and there are canonist's going past , the horse is spooked and throws the poor girl off straight on her side.
She gets up and pulls the horse to a lane , we follow and stop to make sure she is OK , her mother said that the horse hasn't a problem with cars but as for the consists well .
So after making sure alls OK were off again , by this time I'm feeling really sick , not good .
We get to the next water and the same thing there its packed cars everywhere .
Looks like a match is on so yep you guessed it
Time to call it a day I'm thinking , but bk knows how much i was looking forward to fishing so one last attempt and you never guess what there was one car there
maybe my luck had changed
A walk round the place and in all honesty i didn't feel to good at all and was quite happy to watch bk fish
but he said no that I'm fishing the fresh air might do me good .
Back to the car to get my gear and bk is setting up for me i did help but felt to sicky to do much .
I sit on my chair feeling like I'm dieing but stick it out .
I pour myself and bk a coffee and look at the time
its 1 o clock and I'm thinking well only 4 hours fishing .
I can handle that just lol.
Both rods are out and I'm relaxing i start to feel better yeah
After watching the water theres no sign of any fish .
Next to the lake I'm fishing is another water I'm sitting in between the two so a little think and bk moves my rods to the other side , he reckons i got more chance of catching in there even though there smaller fish , its not always about the size in my eyes .
By this time its 2.35 and I'm thinking to myself if i catch great but if i don't then i don't mind at least Ive been and felt alot better then i did .
2.45 and my right hand rod goes straight one toner bk is off around the lake lol and hears my alarm .
I hit it and start playing this Feisty fish ,, doesn't feel a big one but i don't care about the size ,,
after abit of playing its on the bank weighing it and its 6lb 4oz woo hoo a little beauty
nickys carping adventures 43630104
pic taken and the fish is put back .
Rods back out there , feeling better the sun is shining and Ive had a fish I'm happy .
I put some bait out around my left hand rod ,, rebate it and within half a hour i have a fish on
this one played me good but i loved it ,
playing it and of course i want a pic

nickys carping adventures 43630118

Fish is put back and the sun has almost gone
i started taking some pics of the surroundings just stunning,,
I look at my watch and think its time to start packing away bits and bobs when my left hand rod goes
woo hoo feels a nice one playing this fish was good but then saying that all of them was
playing this fish for what feels like forever lol i land it and its on the bank
weighing in and its 7lb 10 oz niceeeeeee

nickys carping adventures 43630122

fish put back and its time to pack away and get the kids
a very eventful day but as the saying goes it always turns out alright in the end .
Back to top Go down
*Dave*

*Dave*

Number of posts : 1186
Humor : funky
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Feb 11, 2008 3:27 pm

Brilliant write up and Picture's to go ,
All mixed up emotions on the day but a great finish
?
Back to top Go down
http://www.matchpool.co.uk/
chopper

chopper

Number of posts : 230
Humor : weird
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Feb 11, 2008 3:31 pm

nice work nicky thumbs up stunning pic`s Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 552
Humor : crazy
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedWed Feb 13, 2008 6:10 am

well done nicky
Back to top Go down
SMILER DAISY

SMILER DAISY

Number of posts : 71
Humor : sexy
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedSun Feb 17, 2008 5:14 am

you seem to be really enjoy your fishing Nicky
well done on your catches
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedSun Feb 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Well done Nicky,

Sounds like you worked hard for them fish.

clapping
Back to top Go down
NICKY
Admin
NICKY

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedSun Mar 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Well i haven't been for a few weeks and even though the weather forecast didn't sound good ,, i was still going fishing ..
After sorting the kids and dropping them off its time to head to the water .
On arriving theres a few there in the corner where bk fished last weekend ,,
But looking at the water there was a lovely looking spot , it had one daffodil there and for me it just seemed the perfect spot to have a rod .
Sounds silly i know but it was like a sign .
Getting my rods sorted while bk put my bank sticks in the ground and mumbling away as the grounds hard ,, As you may of guessed it he has a pod Rolling Eyes lol .
Anyway my rods are out and before bk can set his up i have a fish on woo hooooo ,,,only been there 15 Min's
Very good fight this fish gave me and i was loving every minute of it .
After playing this fish which may i add seemed like ages its finally in the net ready to be weighed .
On the scales and it goes to 8.12 well happy stunning fish and amazing colors .
nickys carping adventures 43630010

Rod back out and fish is put back , bk sets his rods up (he he)
time to get my chair sorted have a coffee ..........
About a hour or so goes by and my alarm screams ,, i hit it and it feels good , I'm getting such a buzz its great ,, bk said it could be a Pb but i dont mind if it ain't I'm enjoying being there .
While I'm playing this fish and its close to being netted my other rod goes of lol
bk hit that while i got this one sorted , after playing it its a quick grab for my other rod ,, playing that one well my arm hurts a little .
Both netted and on the bank to be weighed ,,
The truth behind the looks , first fish 9lb 04 oz
second fish 10 lb 12 oz woo hoooooooooooooooo a new Pb for me ( little dance )
I'm thrilled

9lb 4 oz
nickys carping adventures 43630011

nickys carping adventures 43630012

my new pb 10.12 oh yeah x
nickys carping adventures 43630013

I was thrilled after having my pics taken with these crackers there put back safely .
Bk still hasn't had anything and well I'm lol ,,
Coffee time , sitting down and i take a couple pics thinking about my casting and what could be my prob ,, .
Bk`s rod goes but he loses it oops .
Not long and my rod is off again I'm on a high as you may guess , Ive had 3 fish and now this one but this one well in all honestly i was excited about as i had casted myself and it was dam good to may i add .
The buzz i have as i play this fish knowing its from a spot i chose and casted to well i cant explain what i felt .
This fish also gave me a right good fight ,,

nickys carping adventures 43630015

Putting this fish back I'm on a high and I'm having a good day ..
The weather was awful it rained then hailed and it was like this most of the day not knowing when the next rain shower would come in was kinda fun .
I put my rod back out there and bk had another bite well he lost it (scratch my head )
I can tell he is pleased with me but since I'm on a high from my pb and the fact that i have caught i do rub it in abit oops
One thing to which i haven't mentioned yet is that I'm using bk`s bait he made , they smell lush and good enough to eat so i thought i would give them a go and this is what i have had my fish on today .
Nice one bk ....
He has another bite and loses that one to ...
I'm getting cold and tired by now and really feeling like packing up but stay there,,, my rod goes and I'm into my 5th fish of the day
ooh this feels good no it cant be I'm thinking CAN IT ..
Nope its not as big but still a double bang on 10lb I'm thrilled it starts to rain so its a quick pic and back this beauty goes .
nickys carping adventures 43630110

as you can see I'm freezing and a little tired lol
my hands are killing me but I'm still pleased .
Fish put back and rod back out i try to warm up ,,,
times getting on now and i start thinking about things i got to do when i get home ....
I pack away bits and pieces and things I'm not using so its less to pack up and quicker loading the car .
As i start walking back to where my rods are i get a one toner ,, i hit it but i didn't really want to ,, I'm cold and in need of coffee lol
But none the less i play it and its fighting and I'm soon warming up , loving the way this fish is fighting , but as before my other rod goes lol bk plays that one and lands it so at least he has had one fish (he he)
Looking at this fish and I'm high and buzzing again This was going to be my last fish of the day ,,, in the net to the bank
Bk weighs the fish he had 10.04 cool
Weighs mine and ...........................

12 LB 08 OZ

I`M over the moon another pb
2 pb`s in one day how lucky am i

take a look at this beauty

nickys carping adventures 43630112

Can you tell I'm happy ?????????????

Well its time for me to call it a day
total for me 6 fish and beat my pb twice

Bk lost 3 and had one on my rod . nice one bk .

I hope you enjoy reading this , its nowhere as good as what I'm feeling and how pleased i am but hey I'm happy .

Last edited by NICKY on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mac
The spooky ones playmate
mac

Number of posts : 374
Humor : warped
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Mar 10, 2008 12:55 am

Brilliant stuff Nicky, that last one is a stunner for sure cheers
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedTue Mar 11, 2008 2:08 am

Well done top write up as always. clapping clapping

There’s nothing better than fishing in the spot you want to be on, having good feelings about it and its one that you picked.

Well done Nicky on your new pub’s and a catch report for anyone to be proud of. huggg
Back to top Go down
chopper

chopper

Number of posts : 230
Humor : weird
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 3:13 pm

great to see the fairer sex out doing there fella Laughing

great write up to king
Back to top Go down
Tone

Tone

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Excellent stuff....Nice to see someone really chuffed with what they catch.

Tone.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 552
Humor : crazy
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedWed Apr 09, 2008 4:34 am

well done nicky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedThu Apr 17, 2008 1:14 pm

keep up the good work girl!!!!

summer time soon then they will really feed hard!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
indifferent

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 1:50 pm

There huge affraid well done hun, you look like you had a great time.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nickys carping adventures   nickys carping adventures Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

nickys carping adventures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next